CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Reading??

Anyone who knows me, even acquaintances, knows that I hate to read. I can handle short news stories and magazines, but give me a novel and I will almost always scoff, roll my eyes and put it on the shelf. I noticed that many of my students were reading these huge, thick books. Yes, the Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer. So just like I did with the Harry Potter books (which I hated), I got the first in the series and started reading. Within record time I finished the first book and was hungry, or should I say thirsty, for the second and then the third. I am currently reading the last of the series, Breaking Dawn. I am mesmerized with the story and found myself making myself turn off the lights at midnight last night. Of course, it didn't do me much good to turn the lights off when my mind is still full of questions about what might happen next.

I have loved the story line and I will definitely look at the authors other books now that I have read these. If you haven't read the Twilight series yet, get them but have plenty of time to get wrapped up in a swirl of questions, intrigue and love.

0 comments: